Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015

Hey Hey!
   How is everyone?! Hopefully everyone had an incredible week! Especially you incredible Mothers! What has been going on? What's new? 
   Things here are pretty chill! Nothing too out of the ordinary! I will be pretty short because my fam bam got all the details last night and I don't have a whole lot of time today because we scheduled an earlier appointment!
   On Tuesday Elder S had a dentist appointment...I sure hope I never have to go to the dentist here! Haha! We heard all the tools drop in the other room...and I am sure they are the same ones she used on him...sanitary right?? ;)
   We got to do a service project for some members which went okay! I got to use a machete! So I went to town on some tall grass with a sword! It was a good time...other than the ants...and the mud...and the smell...and the blisters on my hand! Haha! It really was a good time and I feel so blessed with the chance we had to help out such an amazing family!
   We ate some beans the other day...I forgot to tell my fam this! And they were filled with little black things...after eating a few I started to get curious as to what they were. So we took a closer look and they ended up having wings...and legs...and a head! There were little critters kicking it in our beans...so we just called it good with those! 
   We got to give a Counselor in the Bishopric a blessing...so grateful for the opportunity...It is so incredible to see God's hand and power work through His servants. As soon as we finished the blessing he got super animated and hyper...he went off to shower and then headed out with his family for a Mothers Day reunion with other family members! It was as if he took a 5 hour instant energy! But we know that what he really took was a spirit pill...I love those pills! And we are blessed with them for time and all eternity! All we have to do is call upon God the Eternal Father and ask permission to take one...and He ALWAYS says yes!
   So that was basically this past week in a nut shell!
   I am loving every second here! There is no place I would rather be! There is nothing that I would rather be doing. There is no better place for anyone to be than on The Lord's errand. Don't miss out!
Well...
   Because it was Mothers Day yesterday I would like to focus on the importance of Motherhood. For those of you who are in my homeward back in the ville...I am sure you all heard the letter written from me to my mom but I am going to use some of the same thoughts if that is okay! :)
The Old Testament explains to us that "a wise man maketh a glad father, but a foolish son is the heaviness of his mother".
   How blessed are we to have mothers who are willing to take upon themselves our foolishness...our doubts...our weakness...and our struggles??
   Doesn't that sound similar to the role of our Savior?
   The calling to be a mother is the calling to stand as an example and representative of Jesus Christ. It is the calling to do just a fraction of what Christ did...and a fraction of what Christ did is still something that the human brain cannot comprehend.
   Our mothers are with us every single step of the way. Through despair into triumph...just as our Savior is carrying us every step of the way through darkness into glory. I do not know if there is a more Christlike calling than that of a Mother. 
To my own mother...
   I can't read John's account of the crucifixion of our Savior without thinking of you. Here we have our Savior, who has taken upon Himself the sins, pains, and doubts of eternity. He has been crowned with thorns, mocked, and spitten upon. He has been whipped, denied, and borne the very cross that He has been nailed upon...
and who is it that stands by Him?
   "Now there stood by the cross of Jesus, His mother."
As I think of the small amount of agony that I have had to feel in my 18 years of life...as I think of the feather of a "cross" that I have had to bare...there is no doubt in my mind that the scriptural account of my sufferings would be the same as John's...
   "Now there stood by the "cross" of Elder Noll...through his trials, his fears, his weaknesses, and his pains...his mother."

   I will never be capable of expressing my love and appreciation for you, Mom.
   Thank you for standing by my "cross". And in most cases...taking it from me and putting it upon yourself. Thank you for your love. It is the closest thing to Heaven that I have ever felt. You are a ministering Angel in my life and the lives of many others..directly sent from God...and your brightness and divine love defy any description that I, nor anyone, could ever give.
Have I told you that I love you yet?? ;)
   Let us all take the time to appreciate our mothers. They carry one of the most sacred callings upon the face of the earth and in the Heavens. They will bring you to salvation. Their love is what will bring us forward on the morning of the first resurrection...their love is without end...there is no love more powerful or endless than a mothers, aside from God, the Eternal Father.
Felíz Dia de Madres!
Gracias por todo lo que hacen!
Por todo lo que son!
Por todo lo que sacrifican y dan!
Les quiero MUCHO!
Elder Noll
Mother's Day Skype!

No comments:

Post a Comment