Monday, July 4, 2016

July 4, 2016

There is no greater message I can share and no testimony more superior I can give than "the last of all" the Prophet Joseph Smith gave of Him; "That he lives" (D&C 76:22).

I would like to give my testimony of this Perfect Being who lived in power and great glory with the Father and then condescended to the very earth that He himself created. This Perfect Being who took upon Himself all existing imperfection that we might become one with Him and the Father, as eternal perfect beings as well. I would like to bear testimony of Him with a poem I wrote called, "My Brother."

My Brother, Oh Jehovah, God’s Begotten, The Prince of Peace
A spirit I was, with potential, but potential I could never reach.
But my Father had a plan, 
so merciful, 
so perfect, 
and so complete.
It was a plan that required sacrifice, which is why you said, 
“Here am I, send me.”

My Brother, Oh Son of Man, God’s Anointed, the Tabernacle of Clay
I marvel at thy condescension, for in a manger you did lay.
For me you were born, for me you did come, for me you were denied the Inn,
That I might be born, that I might come to earth, and that I might never be forsaken.

My Brother, Oh Holy One, God’s Beloved, Jesus the Christ
The blind you made see, the deaf you made hear, and to all you did offer your light.
You walked upon water, called fishers of men, for me you did show the way.
You lived so perfectly. You set the example, so that I might return one day.

My Brother, Oh Savior, God’s Lamb, the One who redeems
I often at times wonder; What made you enter Gethsemane?
Olives are pressed, oil is made, and bitterness turns to sweet.
Pressed you were too, 
under the universe,
as you suffered
and bled
on your
knees.

My Brother, Oh Man of Sorrows, God’s Mediator, the Crucified
“...for me a sinner, you suffered, you bled and died...”
Scourged you were, and smitten upon, unrecognizable, and forsaken,
That I might be forgiven, and that I might be succored, and be received in my Father’s arms, so everlasting and open.

My Brother, Oh Living Lord, God’s First Fruit, the One who rose from the dead.
A tomb you left empty, the napkin you left wrapped, and now your glory is without end.
Because of that morning, because of your prints, because of your ascension to Heaven,
I am given hope, and I can keep enduring, for I, and all those I love, will be risen.

My Brother, I love you.
My Brother, I have served you.
My Brother, the time has come,
To hang up my tie, to retire this worn down rubber,
My Brother,
It's time to go home.
But your name will I forever carry,
and your representative will I forever be,
Because I love you dear Lord, Oh how I love you.
Because a Brother
you are to me.

This Brother of mine is yours too. He is your Living Savior. My last words as one of His representatives is that He lives and loves perfectly. The last invitation I shall extend is that you come unto Him, learn of Him, and come to know through action, words, and faith that He is "the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and has been slain for the sins of the world."

This I believe and leave with you all in His sacred name, Jesus Christ. Amen.

See you soon, Brothers and Sisters.
I love you all.
Elder Noll

No comments:

Post a Comment