Thursday, September 25, 2014

He made it to Ecuador! September 25, 2014

Dear Noll Family,

    We are grateful you have entrusted your son to our care in the mission field. He has arrived safely and it has been our pleasure to meet him and spend some time with him. What a choice experience it was to be able to attend the temple with all the new missionaries that came in with your son. We feel blessed to have him serving here in the Ecuador Guayaquil North Mission.  We want you to know that we love him and will help him in anyway possible.

Sincerely,
President and Sister R






And here is the letter from Jessi that came with this lovely email...

Dear Fam Bam,
   I am so sorry Columbia didn't have any access to telephones! I was and am still shattered...but hey, it will make Christmas THAT much better:) So, I made it safe and sound. I can already tell I am going to LOVE it here! So hot...so humid...so beautiful...so AMAZING! President R and the assistants were waiting for us at the airport. We piled into a TINY car and headed over to the stake center. We had the most amazing meal - not sure what it was - but all that matters is that it was good. haha After lunch...they don't eat dinner here so that will take some getting used to...we had our interviews with the president. He is such an amazing guy! I already love him. His wife is incredible...the AP's are legendary and life is good so far! We went through an all-day orientation which was really that they just gave us the run down of all the in's and out's of Ecuador! Very insightful and helpful. We are staying in a hotel tonight...whatever that means...? And then we will have an early temple session tomorrow morning and be assigned to our areas and our companions and then I start getting to the real stuff! :) They say not to send a package over 4 pounds or it will take over 4 months to get here! Other than that...It's just time for me to devote myself to the Lord and let him work through me. The Church is true. The gospel of Jesus Christ is HAPPINESS...It is LOVE. It is PERFECTION. Families are forever. Christ suffered for our sins. We are all children of our Heavenly Father. Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon through the Spirit of God. I know it with all of my CORAZON :) Love you guys with every ounce of love that I can offer! Be safe! Be missionaries!
Elder Noll Junior <3 
Jessi's first companion




No comments:

Post a Comment