Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6, 2014

AHHHH WHAT'S GOOD FAM AND FRIENDS!!??
I hope you all have had an incredible week! You all sure deserve it! I pray for you all each and every day and I want to thank you all for being such incredible examples in my life :)
This week was AMAZING! Still just smiling and waving! Haha! The language is improving though! I went on an exchange with Elder K from California. It was nice to speak some English for a day! He is a stud and it was cool to be in a different area/sector and see new things and teach new people.
Elder G and I were supposed to go to Guayaquil last Tuesday for a doctors appointment for his stomach, but we were running a little late and we missed the bus by SECONDS. Elder G was pretty down...as was I. We went back to the casa and he laid on his bed out of frustration. I suggested that we say a prayer and that is exactly what we did. As soon as we said "Amen" we both knew it was time to get to work! And that is exactly what we did! We were blessed with SO much success! The most successful day in my mission by far! Coincidence...I THINK NOT! The Lord works in mysterious ways and knew that there were people waiting to hear the message of the true and restored Gospel. I was SO tired at the end of the day - But it was such a good day! So, I came to the conclusion that the best days of a mission or of life in general are those spent in the work of the Lord and NOTHING else.
I officially saw the BIGGEST spider I have EVER seen in my entire life. I wet my pants...or my slacks. LOL. Most of the houses have lizards crawling all around too which is pretty cool!
Anyway...CONFERENCE...WOOOOSHHHH. TOO GOOD! Another Gringo Elder and I got to watch it in English in a tiny little room on the computer. It was unreal! Hold your applause...but I did not fall asleep...ONCE! I won't lie though...I was sad when my mom was not there to give me warm cinnamon rolls, eggs, and fresh orange juice :( Haha! But...conference truly was incredible. We even got 3 investigators to come! So cool! I just can't get enough of the words from God's Messengers! We are so blessed to receive direct revelation from our Heavenly Father through His servants. I hope we all, especially me, can support the Prophet and appreciate him more by standing by his side to fight for this church. I hope we can all become instruments in the Lord's hand. He needs us! No matter what our circumstances are!
Well...another week has just flown by! Another week of soup, rice, every possible type of banana you can imagine, spiders, lizards, tracting, teaching, learning, my shirts getting a little looser, my heart getting a little softer, and LOVING. I am IN LOVE with it here! It is the coolest place ever! With the most incredible people ever!
Missionary Work truly is marvelous. And nobody...NO HUMAN ALIVE...who has the opportunity and capability to serve The Lord should put it aside. It will change your life, others lives, and the lives of your future family. Like Lehi wanting others to partake of the fruit of the tree of life in his vision (often referred to as the fruit of the Gospel and the sweetness that it brings) I am desiring all who can to serve a mission because it is sweet above all that is sweet and is white above all that is white! YOU WILL NOT REGRET YOUR DECISION! I promise in the name of Jesus Christ that your life will be changed forever. I have only been out 3 months! Imagine 2 years!
There were a lot of things that really stood out to me during conference. A lot of them leading me to testify of the Prophet, Joseph Smith, and of the Book of Mormon. I know without a shadow of a doubt that Joseph Smith, a 14 year old farm-boy, saw Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ. I know that same boy was called and ordained by the power and authority of God to act in His name and to preside over the fully restored and only true Gospel. Through the Holy Ghost, Joseph was capable of translating the most powerful, divine, perfect, and useful book that the world would ever know, The Book of Mormon. I know that its teachings are real and they are eternal. I know Joseph knew that they were and still are real and eternal. Why would a man sacrifice the way he did and to the extent he did for a cause that he did not believe in and know with assurity of its truthfulness? Why would Joseph and Hyrum leave to Carthage, to what they knew would be their death, leave their wives widows, and their children fatherless, simply for a book? They were willing to die before they would deny the divinity and truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. Don't take it for granted! I like what President Uchtdorf said about how we can come to know all things through praying to the Almighty God. It is so true! Accept Moroni's challenge and invitation and read, ponder, and pray about this sacred book! Receive your own special witness of its truthfulness. By doing so you can come to know that Joseph Smith was indeed a prophet of God, Jesus is the Christ, and the true and everlasting Gospel has been restored in these Latter Days (Introduction of BOM). Looking an investigator in the eyes and testifying to them of the BOM is very special. Looking them in the eyes and telling them that a 14 year old boy saw God the Father and Jesus Christ in the very words of Joseph Smith himself is miraculous. You can literally see the spirit of God enter their soul and manifest truth. This Gospel changes lives! Let it change yours!
Challenge: Read the BOM cover to cover, pray to know the truth. When you receive your answer, because in the name of Jesus Christ I promise you will, share it. Be a light to others. We already lost 1/3 of our brother and sisters in Heaven and we cannot afford to lose anymore!
Love you all! Keep being awesome! All of you!
Love,
Elder Noll

 
Time
  • 30-45 minutes per session
  • Four to five sessions each week

Stroke
  • Don't doggie paddle. For a novice, the backstroke is the easiest, then the sidestroke, breast stroke, and freestyle.

Beginner
  • Tread water for three minutes, then stretch on a mat outside the pool.
  • Swim 10 lengths of 50 meters each. Rest 30 to 45 seconds after each lap.
  • "Beginners should try to add 100 or 200 meters every week," says Smith.

Intermediate
  • Swim 200 meters (two Olympic-size laps), then stretch out.
  • Swim 100 meters, then hop out of the water and do 10 pushups and 20 crunches. Rest for 30 to 45 seconds. Repeat for 10 sets.
  • If you usually perform an upper-lower-body split, substitute body weight squats for pushups on leg days.
- See more at: http://www.mensfitness.com/training/swim-it#sthash.OEnmeAWU.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment